- ½ large onion, diced
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 6 oz chopped frozen spinach
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cup grated cheddar and jack cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, briefly melt the butter and add the diced onion. Add the black pepper and salt, and cook until the onion becomes slightly translucent. Set aside the onion in a small bowl.
- In the same pan, cook the frozen spinach until it thaws out and dries out a bit.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs until they are nice and frothy. Add the milk and stir well until fully mixed. Add a pinch of salt and the mustard and mix well.
- Mix the onions into the egg mixture.
- Pour the bowl into a baking dish. Add the chopped spinach and stir slowly.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and slowly stir into the mixture in the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese and don't stir.
- Bake at 450° for 30 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked.