Cinnamon Apple Teff Porrige
- 1 cup Whole Grain Teff
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp date sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 an apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a heavy, 2-quart saucepan, add only the teff and toast over medium heat. Stir frequently until the grains smell slightly toasty and begin to pop. (You may not hear the popping, but should notice little white dots)
- Carefully add the boiling water, butter, date sugar and spices
- Continue to cook at a gentle boil for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent teff from sticking to the bottom
- After most of the water has been absorbed, add the apples and cranberries.
- Note: add more boiling water if the mixture gets thick before the grains are fully cooked.
- Serve plain or with some milk or cream.
Comments are disabled