- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 32-oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic (fresh, dried, jarred, whatever)
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 9 lasagne noodles
- 16 oz cottage cheese (any kind I usually use small curd lowfat) (Victor likes a lot more; you can use up to 32 oz)
- 16 oz grated mozzarella
- Brown ground beef in a pan, pour off fat.
- Add spaghetti sauce, garlic, black pepper, oregano
- Stir together and simmer (barely boiling) 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook lasagna noodles in a big pot of boiling water for 12 minutes (I think - check the package). Drain them in a colander.
- Make three layers in a 9x13 inch pan, each layer (from bottom) is:
- 3 noodles
- 1/3 the cottage cheese
- 1/3 the meat/sauce
- 1/3 the mozzarella
Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
You could change this however you want, eg use sausage instead of plain beef, or add black olives, or add parmesan, or add thawed frozen chopped spinach, or whatever.