Strawberry Margarita Sorbet
Revision as of 16:59, 27 November 2008 by Nerdle (Robot: Changing Category:Dessert Recipe)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar (substitute 4 dates)
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled or 1 bag (20 oz.) frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Bring water and sugar (dates) to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat; cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in lime juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and sugar syrup. Refrigerate until cold.
- Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to manufacturer's directions. (Or pour mixture into a 13x9-inch pan and freeze until almost solid, 5 hours, stirring with a whisk every 1-1/2 hours. Refreeze.)
Makes 6 cups.