Difference between revisions of "Curried Pumpkin Soup"
(Created page with '== Curried Pumpkin Soup == * 1 tbsp cooking oil * 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin * 3-4 garlic cloves, minced * 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced * 1 can (30 oz) pumpkin * 2 c...')
Latest revision as of 12:18, 26 November 2014
Curried Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can (30 oz) pumpkin
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 30 minutes in hot water
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, and saute until onions are translucent
- Add minced garlic and ginger and saute another minute
- Add carrots, curry and cumin and continue to saute until the carrots soften slightly
- Add vegetable broth, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes or so to allow the carrots to soften further
- Add pumpkin. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat to allow soup to cool
- Combine all the ingredients for the cashew cream in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Once the soup has cooled, blend in a blender or use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Stir in half the cashew cream.
Garnish with remaining cashew cream.