Very Berry Pie
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup white sugar (replace with ~ 2 tbsp of Agave Syrup for a sugar free pie)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar and cornstarch. Add strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries; gently toss until berries are coated. When using frozen fruit allow fruit mixture to stand for 15 to 30 minutes, or until fruit is partially thawed.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with half of the pastry. Stir berry mixture, and transfer to the crust lined pie plate. Top with second crust, and seal and crimp the edge. To prevent overbrowning, cover the edge of the pie with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes when using fresh fruit, 50 minutes for frozen fruit. Remove foil. Bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use the Gluten Free Pie Crust recipe.