Triple Chocolate Decadence Brownie-Cookies
Yes, these really are gluten-free and egg-free. If you opt for dairy-free chocolate pieces, they are vegan/dairy-free as well. Too good to be true. We know.
In the Vitamix
- 2 tbsp golden flax
- ¼ cup warm warm water
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Kahlua
- ¾ cup Authentic (superfine) brown rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca starch
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white sugar or equivalent sweetener
- 1 tbsp fine coffee grounds
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or baking chocolate, melted
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup macadamia nut pieces (optional, may be substituted with pecans or other preferred nut)
Preheat oven to 325. Grease a baking sheet for cookies, or a square glass pan for brownies.
Soak flax in warm water for at least ten minutes. Combine in Vitamix with oils, applesauce, vanilla, and Kahlua. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients, then stir in melted chocolate. Add chocolate chips and nuts if desired and stir. If making brownies, pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until puffed and spongy. If making cookies, shape into 2" balls and flatten slightly on sheet; bake for 15 minutes. Top will crack slightly but inside should still be moist.