Succotash of Fresh Corn, Lima Beans, Tomatoes, and Onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- Coarse kosher salt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chopped red tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 1/4 cups corn kernels cut from 4 ears of corn (preferably 2 ears of white corn and 2 ears of yellow corn)
- 2 cups fresh lima beans (from about 2 pounds pods) or 10 to 11 ounces frozen lima beans or baby butter beans, thawed
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sprinkle with coarse salt. Sauté until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, corn, and lima beans and bring to simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and continue to simmer until lima beans are tender and tomatoes are soft, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, basil, etc.