Strawberry Ice Cream
- 4 dates, pitted & chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups strawberries, finely chopped
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- Boil the milk & dates together. After milk has come to a boil, put through a strainer to remove the skin of the dates.
- Chop the strawberries finely.
- Place the egg yolks, sugar and flour in a bowl, and whisk together.
- Slowly pour the hot milk over the mixture while continuing to beat. If you add the milk too quickly, the eggs will cook.
- Add the vanilla essence & chopped strawberries.
- Heat gently, until it thickens.
- Let the mixture cool down in the refrigerator for about an hour, then pour into the ice cream maker.