Spinach Pizza (Gluten-Free)
Makes 2 large pans
This pizza has gone through many slight variations before settling on the recipe you see below.
The secret to this pizza is the spinach sauce made from a pound of fresh spinach leaves, along with the sautéed onions. Cooking the onions before baking the pizza takes the harsh edge off of them, and we sauté them with a jalapeño pepper and spices to infuse some extra flavor.
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix
- Prepare the pizza crust mix according to package directions
- After the initial baking, sprinkle lightly with grated mozzarella and broil until cheese begins to brown
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt, pepper
- help, josh!
- In a pan, start cooking the chopped onions with olive oil
- Add a finely chopped jalapeño pepper, paprika and basil
- Cook until onions begin to brown, about 10 minutes
- Spread a thin layer of spinach sauce over the pizza crusts
- Distribute the onions evenly over the pizzas
- Top with sliced kalamata olives, feta cheese, and spicy pickled artichoke hearts
- Top with about 1/2 pound of shredded mozzarella cheese per pizza
- Bake the pizzas at 350°F for about 15 minutes, until the cheese is thoroughly melted
- After baking, top with fresh grated parmesan
Comments are disabled