Indian Rice Pudding
supposedly serves 4
- 1 cup cooked long grain or basmati rice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 ounces sugar, approximately 1/4 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 ounces golden raisins, approximately 1/3 cup
- 1 1/2 ounces chopped unsalted pistachios, approximately 1/3 cup
- Combine rice and milk in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Turn heat down to low and cook at a simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently. (~5 min)
- Increase heat to medium, add heavy cream, coconut milk, sugar, and cardamom, and continue to cook until the mixture begins to thicken again. (~5-10 min)
- Once the pudding begins to thicken, remove from heat. Stir in raisins and pistachios.
- Transfer to individual serving dishes or bowls, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and serve chilled.