Epic Spinach-Feta Pizza
Once upon a time, Josh ate a crappy frozen gluten-free pizza which had interesting sauce.
Then he made this.
It is the win in yo' tummah, betches.
- 1 pkg Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust
The Sauce (is boss)
- 2 bags or 1 tub spinach
- 1 pkg basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- splash of milk
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- cheeses (ballpark amounts: mozzarella > feta > Gruyere)
- fresh mozzarella, grated
- Gruyere, grated
- feta, crumbled
- Parmesan, grated (add after baking)
- Greek olives, pitted and sliced
- white mushrooms, sliced
- truffle oil
- salt, pepper
Follow instructions on crust mix.
While crust is rising and baking, make sauce.
- saute garlic with olive oil in a sauce pot for a short while
- add spinach and basil and cook until mushy
- add splash milk, bring to simmer
- add some salt and a bunch of pepper
- remove from heat, transfer to food processor (or blender)
- blend lightly, a little bit of chunkiness is good
Put it all together
- spread sauce on crust
- add sliced onions, olives, and mushrooms
- cover with delicious cheeses (not the Parmesan!)
- bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown and hopefully a bit crispy
- remove from oven, add Parmesan, and drizzle with truffle oil