This is a fantastic mashed potato alternative. Try serving with Beef Cheeks - creamy cauliflower and gravy can't be beat!
Thanks to Buzzfeed and recipegirl.com for alerting us to the wonders of cauliflower-based breads and other foods typically formulated with grains.
- 1 head cauliflower (1.5-2.5 lbs)
- 2 tbsp butter, oil or cream
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup grated parmesan, cheddar, gouda or other desired cheeses
1. Wash and chop cauliflower into medium sized florets. Steam or boil until tender, then blend in a food processor until fine.
2. In a saucepan, heat butter or oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant and lightly browning.
3. Add cauliflower puree, milk or cream, and salt and black pepper to taste, and stir until hot and thickened.
4. Stir in cheese and serve!