- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 cup tomato juice or 1 can tom sauce + water to make 1 cup
- 1 can tomatos (diced)
- 1 cup chicken boullion or broth
- 1 can chopped green chilies
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- oregano (a couple of pinches, I guess)
- cumin (the same)
- thyme (the same)
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 6 pieces chicken, skinned You could use boneless skinless check. breasts, though, which have less stringy stuff.
- black pepper to taste
- Mix all in a large casserole (9x13, or round and deep)
- Bake at 350, 1 hour uncovered, 1/2 hour not.