Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- 6 cups water
- 5 small russet potatoes, quartered
- 3 large heads of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- Bring the water to a boil in a large stock pot.
- Add the potatoes, broccoli, onion and spices, and boil until the potatoes are soft.
- In a blender, blend the mixture in 3 groups, transferring each to a bowl when smooth.
- When it's all blended, move everything back to the pot and heat on low heat.
- Add the cheese and mix until melted.
- Lastly, add the milk and stir until smooth.
- Needs a little more cheese. Next time, make it with 3 cups.