Cauliflower with Five Spices
supposedly serves 4
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- red chili powder (1 tsp makes it spicy)
- 5-6 cloves garlic, pounded roughly
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or sliced ginger
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Once oil is hot, add cumin, fenugreek, mustard, anise, and nigella. Cover until sputtering stops.
- Add the cauliflower, stir coat with oil. Cook ~5 minutes.
- Add the salt, chili powder and turmeric.
- Cover and cook until the cauliflower is about half cooked.
- Add garlic and cover and cook until cauliflower is almost done.
- Add ginger and stir, then add the yogurt and cook until fully tender.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.