Almond Snowflake Cookies (Vegan)
Makes about 1-2 dozen cookies.
Melt-in-your-mouth cookies are vegan and gluten-free, with a delicate almond flavor. Perfect for holiday parties and teatime.
- 1 c white rice flour (or superfine brown rice flour)
- ¼ c potato starch
- ½ c powdered sugar (can be corn-free if desired)
- ½-¾ c almond flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash xanthan gum
- ¼ c applesauce (unsweetened)
- ¼ c vegetable or other cooking oil
- ¼ c coconut oil, heated until liquid
- ½ tsp almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Stir in wet ingredients. Shape into 1" balls and flatten slightly on a cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Top with powdered sugar if desired.